8:50 AM: First bell. Students may enter the building.
- Please do not send your child to school earlier than 8:40 as there will be no supervision on school grounds and they are not allowed in the building prior to the first bell.
- Students participating in the Breakfast Program may arrive at 8:30 am and enter the building from the North entrance. After finishing breakfast the must exit the same doors and line up in the designated spot for their class.
9:00 AM: Tardy bell.
- Students arriving after 9:00 am are marked tardy and MUST sign in at the office and receive a tardy slip prior to going to their classroom.
3:30 PM: Dismissal.
- Please be on-time to pick-up students at the end of the school day.
- Students walking home need to leave school grounds promptly.
ALL VISITORS MUST SIGN IN/OUT AND WEAR THE BADGE THAT IS PROVIDED WHILE IN THE BUILDING
- When signing in and out a student or as a visitor, use the computer located at the front desk in the office. If you have any questions the office staff will assist you.
School phones are limited to school business and emergencies. Children will be permitted to use the phone only in an emergency. Plans for after school activities should be made at home before the school day. Students and teachers should not be asked to come to the phone when classes are in session, except in an emergency.
Elementary and middle school students (grades K-8) are permitted to use cellular phones and other ECD’s only before and after school. Cellular telephones and other ECDs must remain off and put away at all other times during the school day.
Possession of a cellular telephone or other electonic computer device (ECD) by a student is a privilege, which may be forfeited by any student who fails to abide by the terms of the District policy, or otherwise engages in misuse of the device so as to violate the law or any other school or District rule. Additionally, the student assumes all risk of loss, damage or theft of the cellular phone or other electronic device.
(Source: ASD Elementary Student Handbook 2016-17)
If your child forgets his/her lunch, bring it to the office with your child's name and room number clearly marked. Students will be notified and may pick up their lunch in the office at lunchtime, without interrupting instructional time.
- Hot lunches may be purchased daily either by adding money to student's Zangle account or by sending in cash/check. Menus are sent home monthly or you may view/download them here. Students bringing lunches from home may purchase milk from the cafeteria.
Free/Reduced Lunch Program
- If you apply for free or reduced price lunches, applications must be submitted and approved each school year. Students bringing lunches from home may purchase milk from the cafeteria.
- On an emergency basis, children may charge a lunch if they forget their lunch or lunch money. Since only a small amountof money is available to cover charged lunches, repayment is expected the following school day.
Lost and Found
The Lost and Found is located outside the office. Please mark your child's sweaters, jackets, backpacks, lunch boxes etc. for easy identification. Small items are turned into the office. Parents are invited to check the Lost and Found. We are not responsible for personal toys, games or other personal items that should not be brought to school.
Bikes, scooters, skateboards and roller blades are only allowed on the school grounds with a signed parent permission form. and helmet being worn.Any student riding a bike to school must supply a lock. Bikes must be stored in the bike rack area. Students riding to school must wear bicycle helmets and while on school grounds must walk/push their bike/scooter and carry skateboards.